Friday, March 13, 2020

March 13th Update

Hi Parents and Students,

This will be the place to come each day for your assignments, messages from me, and any other information I need to share. Please get in the daily habit of coming here so you don't get behind on your school work.  We've worked very hard all year long, and we need to continue that hard work in this unique situation we find ourselves. 

I will also be updating the websites below to have the most recent and useful resources for you.  If you have questions, I will be available and checking my email every day.  My cell phone is (770) 605-0195 and I will be available via phone call or text as well.  Please don't hesitate to call or text.  If the kids have questions, the same goes for them. They can call or text me anytime.

Today (Friday), we are getting some resources ready for the students to bring home.  It is important that the kids keep this work together and neatly organized so they can find the resources when I am using it to teach remotely.  I am also making sure each child has a chapter book on his/her level, and reading each day for a minimum of an hour is required.  We read this much or MORE on a daily basis, in addition to the reading that is done at home.  This rigor of reading needs to be kept up over the next two weeks so there is no regression of reading skills.  I will be assigning daily activities to be done with the chapter books that will need to be turned into me. 

Let's all take a deep breath, put a smile on, and work together to get through the next two or so weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment