Monday, March 23, 2020

Tuesday, March 24th lesson

Hi Everyone,
If you sent me your summary about Thomas Hooker, I wrote comments to you.  If I asked you to add more details, please do that and send those back to me on Tuesday.

Here are your activities for today...

Math: Complete your Day 2 on your math 4-square. Keep in your folder, we will check it all on Friday during our Zoom meeting.  Complete a FULL 30 minutes on Zearn. We will also talk about your progress with Zearn at our meeting on Friday. I want to see everyone up to at least an hour and a half before we talk on Friday.

Reading:  Reread chapter 4 and write a paragraph about the chapter. Include how the characters have changed since the start of the book. What has caused the characters to change? Have they learned anything new?  What words would you use to describe the characters in your book (brave, caring, intelligent, mischievous, bold)?  What have the characters done in the book to make you choose those words to describe them?

Grammar:  Number a piece of paper from 1-4, skipping lines in between. Get your book club book. Look for two examples of dialogue where the speech tag comes first (example...Billy said, "I love to take long walks with my dog.") Copy them onto your paper, making sure to get all the punctuation done correctly. Then look for two examples of dialogue where the speech tag comes last (example..."I want to go to the store with you too, Mom," said Annie. )  Look at the punctuation differences and compare the two types of dialogue.  No need to send me anything here.

No comments:

Post a Comment