Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Thursday, March 19 Lesson

Hi Students,

Okay, we need to have a chat.  I need all of you to look at the work that you are submitting to me before you send it and ask yourself if it looks like third grade work. I know that this type of learning is really different and it's hard to think of what you are doing at home to be just like what we do together at school. But this is very important. If I ask you to write a summary about a chapter in your book, I am expecting at least eight to ten sentences with LOTS and LOTS of details. I should know exactly what your book is about without having to read the chapter myself.  Also, you are responsible for correct capitalization and punctuation when you submit work to me.  I am getting work that is not what I expect from third graders. Check the comments I have sent back to you on your work. I need many of you to correct, redo, and resubmit your work.

I am going to give just a few assignments for today, but I want this to be YOUR ABSOLUTE best work and I would like everyone to submit your work to me. You can do this work in a word document and just email it to me if you are having trouble with Office 365. If you are having success with Office 365, continue to submit your work that way.

Reading: Read chapter three in your book club book. If you read it yesterday, read it again.  Now, type or write a summary of what is happening in this chapter.  I have emailed your parents an example of what I am expecting in a summary. Please have a parent check your work before you submit this to me.  Also, make sure you are using correct capitalization, punctuation, and spelling in your work. Submit Work

Math: Do Day 4 of your math four-square. Have a parent check your work. Continue to work on your Zearn lessons for 30 minutes.  I am checking this daily. Please make sure you are staying in the program for a full 30 minutes every day!


No comments:

Post a Comment